Hello everyone, how long have you been vaping and how much you know them? Today, Ceci in Cacuq has classified some truths for you to enable you get a closer realization of vaping. Technology is omnipresent in today’s society; in fact, it’s even taken over how people smoke. Vapes and e-cigs run on battery power, which heats an element that vaporizes a combination of water, nicotine, and other ingredients and flavors (e-liquid). Vapes have gained favor amongst smokers, and for good reason. They can be smoked indoors, unlike traditional cigars and cigarettes, and they are substantially less harmful than cigarettes.
Here’s 20 facts about the technology behind Vapes that you may not know:
1. Vapes aren’t the same as e-cigs. E-cigs look like actual cigarettes, but vapes don’t typically resemble cigarettes. They may come in all different shapes and sizes.
2. Vapes use two heating mechanisms: conduction and convective. The conduction method places the e-liquid on an electronically heated surface. Once the appropriate temperature has been reached, the chamber and ingredients are vaporized. The convective method heats up air, and the e-liquid never touches a heated surface.
3. Most e-liquids have only four ingredients: vegetable glycerin (most manufacturers use an organic vg), propylene glycol (also used in asthma inhalers, and is safe to inhale), flavoring (natural or artificial), and pharmaceutical-grade nicotine in varying strengths.
4. Some vapes “box mods” can be tailored and modified to your preferences. Viper Vape carries box mod vapes, whichcan be swapped and upgraded. The benefit of this is that your vape has the look you want, and the features (temp control, higher wattage, etc.) you need.
5. Vapes are substantially less harmful than cigarettes. A matter of debate has been the safety of the ingredients, but when compared to cigarettes vapes are a much safer delivery method for nicotine.
6. Vaping relieves the user from nicotine withdrawal symptoms by providing nicotine in the e-liquid.
7. Overtime, nicotine can be gradually reduced. You simply buy e-liquid with less nicotine in it, until you’re eventually vaping without nicotine.
8. Vaping is more budget friendly than traditional smoking. The costs of maintaining a smoking habit are high. Switching to vape has the potential to reduce costs significantly, as much as hundreds of dollars per month depending on how much you smoke.
9. Vape companies don’t want to sell to minors. Unlike tobacco companies, vape companies haven’t challenged laws that prevent them from advertising or selling to minors. In fact, the industry doesn’t even need to create new customers because most of its customers are ex-smokers leaving the tobacco industry.Do you really know the mind and thoughts of vapers?
10. Both the American Council on Science and Health and the UK’s Action on Smoking and Health recognize the benefits of vaping. “On the basis of available evidence, the RCP believes that e-cigarettes could lead to significant falls in the prevalence of smoking in the UK,” reports the Royal College of Physicians in London (RCP). The document goes on to report that vaping may “prevent many deaths and episodes of serious illness, and help to reduce the social inequalities in health that tobacco smoking currently exacerbates.”
11. Astonishingly, e-cigarettes with very low to zero nicotine strength outsell those with medium-to-high strengths of nicotine.
12. The earliest electronic cigarette was a patented device called ‘a smokeless non-tobacco cigarette’ invented by Herbert A. Gilbert in 1963.
13. The liquid in e-cigarettes is a combination of vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, pharmaceutical-grade nicotine and food-grade flavors.
Vaping is commonly misunderstood, but hopefully these facts clear up the confusion. Taking the above facts into consideration, it is clear vaping is a great alternative to smoking cigarettes. Cigarette companies don’t want you to vape because your vaping costs them money. Declare war on big tobacco by taking the way you consume nicotine into your own hands.
tags:Ecigs & Vaping, vaping common sense